Forums Active Intelligence Server sort on second field in hierarchy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  debbie_harry 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jroeterd
    Participant

Hello,

I have created a chart with a 2-level hierarchy. This is working correctly. In the chart I have defined a sort on the first hierarchy field because I can not select the hierarchy as I can when defining the category.

Result is that the first level of my chart is sorted correctly but when I drill deeper the second level (year field) is not sorted.

Ideal would be if I can define the sort when defining the hierarchy. Maybe a feature request?

Kind regards,
    Jeroen

jroeterd
    Participant

Hello,

Please ignore this question.
    I found out that I can get the desired sorting by sorting the dataset the same way as the hierarchy is.

Kind regards,
    Jeroen

jroeterd
    Participant

Second thoughts :
    When using one dataset to generate multiple charts with different hierarchies you will need to adjust your work to have different datasets with different sorting for the different hierarchies. That is not optimal.

And as there is already so much you can configure in the chart-formatting options that it might be better to add a sort option to the different levels of a hierarchy. In that case you can use one dataset for different charts with different hierarchies.

Simpler datamanagement.

Kind Regards,
    Jeroen

debbie_harry
    Participant

Hi Jeroen,

You have started a good topic which will help other users to visualize their data much easier, we have made a note and pass to our enginerring and hoping to have this implemented in few months (this depends on the list of features priority). If you have customer ID, please open support ticket with your login and we will provide you a quick patch as soon this feature is available internally.

Thank you

Debbie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.