Forums BIRT Reports Using a .data file within a datadesign file

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ani_difranco 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ani_difranco
    Participant

Hello BIRT Experts,

I am using iHub3.1.

I have an original sandbox which pulls a ton of information on a weekly basis. I want to use this .data as part of the second data object since I do not want to run the same query and just want to use the results to combine with the data set in the new sandbox.

I was able to create a second data object using the .data file of first data object and could run locally in BIRT Designer and also could generate the output .data file for second data object. The issue is I not able to see the data sets/cubes when the second data object .data file is selected. I am able to see the data sets/cubes when the second data object .data file is imported into the BIRT Designer.

Does any one know what might be causing this issue? Appreciate any insights.

joe_dallesandro
    Participant

Could it be a relative file location issue? Also why are you using Data Cubes. Data Models are preferred.

ani_difranco
    Participant

Thank you! I could verify that the relative location seems ok. If possible, can you please let me know if the issue does not happen on your end?

debbie_harry
    Participant

Yes. That’s the answer to why we are using data cubes.

joe_dallesandro
    Participant

Use join data sets and data models or create a data set with the join on database.

ani_difranco
    Participant

Ok, thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.